May 18, 2023
There's a toast concept opening its very first location in Texas and that location will be in Dallas: Called Toastique, it's a fast-casual gourmet toast and juice bar concept, and it's opening in the new Work/Shop development at 5455 Belt Line Rd., on the Dallas/Addison border.
According to a a release, it'll open in fall 2023.
Toastique was founded in Washington DC in 2018 by entrepreneur and former college athlete Brianna Keefe, a lifelong health buff who began making smoothies and juice as early as high school, and who developed a menu of toasts including her original avocado toast.
There are currently 16 locations in DC, Colorado, New Jersey, Utah, Pennsylvania, Florida, and Virginia, with more in the wings.
The menu features gourmet toasts, cold-pressed juices, smoothies, and acai bowls, for consumption on site or to go.
The toasts include:
- Avocado Smash - Avocado / Marinated Tomatoes / Watermelon Radish / Micro Greens / on a Multigrain Toast
- 3 Cheese Italian - Prosciutto / Jarlsberg / Fontina / Onion Jam / Arugula / Micro Greens on a Jalapeño Cheddar
- Tuscan Tuna - Sundried Tomato Tuna / Bibb Lettuce / Kalamata Olive / Capers / Tomato on Rustico Toast
- Spicy Crab - Lump Crab / Melted Swiss and Fontina / Sriracha Oil / Tomato / Bibb Lettuce / Jalapeño / Microgreens on a Rustico Toast
- Tomato Buratta - Herbed Ricotta / Tomato / Buratta/ Basil / on Rustico Toast
- PB Crunch - Honey Roasted Peanut Butter / Bananas / Strawberries / Granola / Chia Seeds / Honey / Mint - on Raisin Walnut Toast
- Smoked Salmon - Smoked Pastrami Salmon / Herb Cream Cheese Spread / Thinly Sliced Cucumbers / on Sourdough Toast
- Greek - Hummus / Arugula / Feta / Cherry Tomato / Cucumber / Red Onion / Parsley / Greek Dressing / Kalamata Olives on Rustico Toast
There's also bowls like PB + Banana with acai, blueberry, peanuts, granola, dates, and honey-roasted peanut butter drizzle; and Blue Mystique with blue spirulina, banana, pineapple, mango, almond milk, granola, coconut, and honey drizzle. Plus smoothies and juices.
Venture Commercial Real Estate brokers Amanda Welles, Amy Pjetrovic, and Mia Urena negotiated the 1,112-square-foot lease on behalf of Work/Shop owners Triten Real Estate Partners. Toastique was represented by Jake Sherrington and Rachel Tomlison of Shop Companies.
“Toastique’s focus on quality ingredients and health are a great pairing for the lifestyle that enhances our mixed-use development,” says Triten Real Estate Partners' John Hardaway. “The newly developed retail, 30,000 square feet of added green space specifically developed for health, wellness and events will create a vibrant sense of place for visitors, office tenants and consumers.”
The Work/Shop address has undergone a renovation, with retail and creative office space on 12 acres neighboring Prestonwood Country Club and White Rock Creek.
Scheduled to open in late spring/early summer, Work/Shop will be filled with retail shops, restaurants, entertainment venues, and offices. Toastique will join tenants that include EVO Entertainment, San Martin Bakery, My Eye Dr., Crisp & Green, and Mesero.